Friday 29 March 2013

Blue Skies, a Beach and a Kite


 Here's something to warm up all of you in colder climates :) We spent our afternoon on the beach trying to get the kites up (and failing dismally - they kept nose-diving into the ocean). Beautiful weather although you can see by the sweaters that we still consider it to be a little chilly. :)

There's supposed to be a kite somewhere in
this photo but I can't see it. Perhaps it had
already gone down by the time I clicked.
This kite went down as well!


These two just gave up trying to fly
their kite and posed instead :)

This was the first day of my holiday - I'm already feeling better. :)







4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I love your blog design, it so cheery after a long winter. The beach pictures are beautiful. I hope to fly kites with my kids this week at school, but the scenery won't be near as pretty. I'm your newest follower.

    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly :) I visited your blog just recently - love the title of it!! It's nice to meet you and I hope your kite flying is more successful than ours was :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! Now I'm jealous we got excited became it was about 45 and sunny here. I love the beach :). Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too - at this time of year, anyway. I love the sun when there's no humidity and cool winds but in the summer it gets way too hot for me!! I have to confess that my dream is to live in cold, sometimes snowy Scotland :) This is probably not the best thing to say to all the teachers hoping spring is coming soon :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete