Sunday 27 January 2013

Art... and snakes

I found a fabulous blog today That Artist Woman that has a ton of amazing art ideas, several of which I have already bookmarked to try, including these Valentine projects. (I love the idea of doing lots of different paint techniques - such fun!)

Valentine collage

Heart book

She also had some amazing painting projects - I particularly liked this gecko colour wheel, parrot painting and polar bear painting. I don't know when I'll be able to do these but I SO want to try them with my kids! They're just incredible!!





And... our snakes are coming along. Bodies are constructed and we've begun painting. Next week we gloss them, add googly eyes, write similes and then (somehow) attach them to our bulletin board. I'll post pictures of the finished display at some time :)






1 comment:

  1. LOVE the examples...I am "wowed" by your snakes. I knew I should have joined you! I bookmarked the art site as well...we should be able to find some great stuff for our 3rd and 4th graders! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete