Wednesday 19 December 2012

Tell Me Something Good





Rowdy in First Grade is having a Christmas-style linky. I've never done one before but this looks fun :) (Click on the link to go straight to her website to link up yourself - I just cannot get the hang of these buttons yet!)

So here goes...

Something good in the classroom

I loved the Christmas letters we sent to Haiti this year. We correspond with a sister school in Bois d'Avril (only 33 children in the school and it has hardly anything) Our second lot of letters were written in French and I was so proud of my girls for taking their time and producing beautiful letters.

Something good at home

My daughter is home from her first semester at university and just today told me she got a 3.7 GPA. Yay! I'm making our traditional family Christmas treat - chocolate cornflake clusters - to celebrate.

Gifts purchased in the past

Well for quite a few years we haven't given adult gifts at Christmas but have donated to charities instead. It varies every year. One year we all chose our favourite charity and put the names in a hat and pulled one; one year we just chose our own. This year I have donated to Heifer International (it sends practical help - ducks, geese, rabbits, llamas, cows - to people around the world) and have bought a llama for my son, his wife, my daughter and her boyfriend to share and I bought a sheep for my nephews :) My husband and I bought a llama several years ago and then got a little furry llama ornament to put on the tree to remind ourselves of our special gift.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are writing to a school in Haiti.

    That is so cool that you have bought a llama! =)

    I am a new follower to your blog and love finding blogs outside of the US. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete