Monday 10 December 2012

Fraction Trees and Letters to Haiti

We continued our Christmas fraction fun today by making Fraction Trees. The children could choose to do either a "thirds" tree or a "sixths" tree, construct it and then decide what fraction of the tree they would decorate. They labeled the fraction on the present under the tree and then added some fingerprint snow. Lots of glitter and snowy fingerprints all over the painting table! The trees look pretty though.




















After a little trouble with the scanner I managed to safely send all our Holiday Greeting letters to Haiti and got them pinned up on the bulletin board. It looks very festive.
                                                                                           



2 comments:

  1. I love those! You could even have the kiddos make them with the Christmas tree snack cakes they make this time of the year. I love lessons with food! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love to have you hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a thought! Fraction food! I'll have to do some brainstorming on that one :) Glad to meet you too - I will definitely pop by :)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete