Tuesday, 12 February 2013

New Blinds - in the making

During the Christmas holidays I decided to make blinds for my classroom so that in the afternoons (when the sun comes streaming through our 5 enormous windows) I would still be able to use the Smartboard.
Well... that never happened :) The fabric is still sitting in the bag, the sewing machine is still resting unused on the bedroom floor - and the sun is still shining in the classroom windows!
So we painted flowers instead. Giant flowers! Multi-coloured flowers with black backgrounds!

 Then we cut our flowers into quarters (quick review of fractions here), reassembled the quarters into wholes and glued them onto a paper blind :)

I love it - it's nice and bright and cheery and it's blocking some of the light. I may still have to make blinds at some point but for now this will work just fine :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I'll bet you have the most beautiful room in your school...